The ultimate sex question is why women moan so much during sex? It’s a question that had puzzled men and even women. Why the grunts, the oooooo yes, the ooooooos, the aaahhhhhs. Men could be vocal during sex but women are usually known to be more vocal during sex. The question is, why? Why are women so vocal during sex? This piece is my conclusion, If you don’t agree, then you can educate me. *wink*
1. It feels good: Sex is one of the most amazing physical adventures anyone could venture into. Not only does sex build intimacy, it has mental, physical, emotional and even psychological benefits attached to it.
Women moan firstly during sex because in simple terms “it feels good”. If you are asking why men who also enjoy sex don’t moan as loud then I’ll ask you a simple question. Do men feel pain? Of course they do but why don’t they cry as much as women? Women are expressive in nature, they feel pain, they cry. They enjoy sex, they moan. Simple as ABC.
2. Feels painful: As pointed out earlier, women moan when sex is enjoyable but also when its painful. As a sex educator, I have spoken to a few ladies on the subject of their sexual moans and I discovered that strangely, women enjoy sex that has a little pain sprinkled on it. Strange but true. Women also moan when the sex is painful. Maybe that’s their way of tricking their brain cells into converting the pain they feel into pleasure. This remains a mystery to me but ladies know what I’m talking about.
3. Pretense: Every woman understands how men could be so demanding when it comes to sex. No woman would admit demanding for sex more than her spouse (we all know that’s not true). In response to a man’s constant demand for sex, many women moan in a bid to get it over with. Their thoughts could be, “if I pretend to enjoy it, then maybe, he’ll cum faster and let me be”. There is no sexually active woman alive who would admit under oath never to have pretentiously moaned during sex before. None.
4. To speed up her partner’s climax: The smart question to ask at this juncture is “do men really care if their women moan during sex?” and “what are the benefits of a woman’s moan to a man during sex?”. If as a lady reading this (ask your man or ask any sexually active man), you will find out that a woman’s moans during sex excites a man. Apart from the sexual gratification enjoyed by the sexual act itself, a woman’s moan adds to a man’s sense of achievement. The high level of brain activity as a result of increased pleasure would naturally lead to a quicker orgasm on the man’s part.
5. To boost his self esteem: It’s no secret that men love sex and unsurprisingly, there is a link between a man’s self esteem (ego) to his performance in bed. A man that believes in his sexual prowess would naturally feel good, confident and in command when with women. Smart women know this and make her man feel good with her moans during sex. When a woman enjoys sex with a man, her moans get louder which is seen as a sign of approval by her man.
6. To tell her partner what she wants: Let’s use this simple illustration to understand this point. If a woman moans 15 decibels (a decibel simply put is the degree of loudness) when her man is on top of her but moans 30 decibels when she’s on top. What does that mean? You guessed right. She enjoys being untop more than being under.
She used her moans to tell her partner what she wanted. Its simple.
7. Turns them on: According to sex educator and author Patt Brisben “There are many women who need to be vocal to help themselves achieve orgasm — it helps move them and their orgasm along”. A woman’s moans not only helps a man achieve orgasm but also helps her achieve hers. Sex is more mental than we think.
NOTE: For every moaner, there is a dead rubber (the type of woman that just lies there like someone died). If you want to fascinate your husband, be vocal during sex. Men, please return the favour, there is no shame in moaning (manly grunts).
Let’s make some noise. *wink*