ACTS OF SERVICE
The 5 love languages is written by Dr. Gary Chapman and it entails the importance of being able to express love to your spouse in a way that your spouse can understand. Every human being has a love language and more times than not, your love language is not your partner’s love language. The 5 love languages include:
1. Words of Affirmation
2. Receiving Gifts
3. Acts of Service
4. Physical Touch
5. Quality Time
Remember, every individual has a love language and until that love language is met by his/her partner, he/she doesn’t feel completely loved. Speaking in your spouse’s love language probably won’t be natural for you. Dr. Chapman says, “We’re not talking comfort, we’re talking love. Love is something we do for someone else. so often couples love one another but they aren’t connecting. They are sincere, but sincerity isn’t enough.”There is the primary (most important), secondary, tertiary love language because most individuals have more than one love language with varying importance.I discussed the love languages “Words of Affirmation” and “Receiving Gifts” in my last posts, let’s continue to the next:
3. Acts of Service: Discovering how best you can do something for your spouse will require time and creativity. Lets take a housewife for example, every single day acts of service to her husband are her bread and butter. Her acts of service might include:
1. She wakes up before him and puts water in the kettle for him to have his shower.
2. She makes him breakfast.
3. She helps iron his clothes.
4. She wakes the children and bathes them (if small kids) or supervises them (if a little grownup).
5. She gets them dressed.
6. She makes breakfast for them also and makes sure they eat.
7. She goes through their bags to make sure they have their books, pencils and school stuff ready.
8. She prepares lunch food for them and packages it
9. She puts them in the car and drives them to school.
10. She gets back to clean the house, washes the dishes, cooks food and washes the clothes of the children including her husband and many more things.
The acts of service women put into the establishment of her home are many and I salute women for this selfless act. How many times as a man have you used acts of service in the home to make your wife feel loved. Maybe once in a week, you take up the mantle of washing the dishes, you wake the children up and have them shower, you help her during weekends in the cleaning of the house. If you really want to make her feel loved, you give her the remote control and be like “darling, you have been a great mother to our kids and a great wife to me, please relax and take a day off today, anything you need I’ll be at your service, I have popcorn and juice for you so please relax, I will take care of the home” and you ask for her clothes that you can wash, you clean the house that day, you look after the kids, you prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner. These acts of service show that you appreciate your wife and no woman even if she’s Jezebel wouldn’t feel loved and appreciated. As a single, acts of service might include helping her go to the market, helping her repair her damaged laptop, coming to pick her up from work, cooking for him without him even asking, and so many more.
To read about the other 4 love languages, follow the links below:
1. Words of Affirmation: http://wp.me/p4d0zy-4e
2. Receiving Gifts: http://wp.me/p4d0zy-4f
4. Physical Touch: http://wp.me/p4d0zy-4h
5. Quality Time: http://wp.me/p4d0zy-4i
To determine and understand your love language, please click on: http://wp.me/p4d0zy-4j