I will begin this write-up with a passage in 1 Timothy 1:15 b which reads “…Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners…”.
According to CIA World Facts 2013, Christianity represents one third of the world’s population of over 7 billion people with 2,3 million adherents. It is the largest religion in the world and I can tell you without mincing words that Christians are the most judgmental people in the world.
Christians are fond of making mistakes as relating to other Christians and other religions and this piece explores some of them.
1. Christians fail to realize that Jesus didn’t come to die for Christians in the right sense of the Word, He came to die for sinners. Remember in Luke 15:10 it says that there is joy (as in party) in Heaven over one sinner that repents, it didn’t say there is joy in Heaven over one “holy holy christian” who becomes holier or judges sinners. So instead of judging the girl’s that wear revealing tops to church, or that sleep around or judging people that don’t live righteous, Christians should learn to embrace everyone, pray for them, advice them like Jesus did while on earth.
2. Christians really don’t know how to pray, they think prayer is all about shouting or crying or in most times both. God is a caring father not your boss or ‘oga’, don’t be afraid to talk to Him. Lets imagine as a child you wanted school fees, would you go to your father and start crying and shouting for school fees?…NO!..you approach him confidently and tell him. Same with God, be confident in your approach to God, He is your Heavenly father, the more confident you are with God (coupled with your level of faith), the better the chances of your prayers been answered by God.
3. Christians have a way of glorifying Satan, they give this powerless bulldog too much power in their lives and tend to blame him for every bad thing that happens to them. Until you understand that Satan lethal weapon is fear, he has no power, he uses fear to kill you faith and when you are vulnerable he pounces.
4. Another problem that Christians have is their tongue. They are fond of negative confessions. Remember, Proverbs 18:21 “the power of life and death are in the tongue”, you will hear a Christian using his/her mouth to make negative confessions like “I am sick, I have headache, I have malaria, my eye is paining me” forgetting that in Matthew 8:17 “He (Jesus) took up our infirmities and bore our diseases” so please where did you get the sickness you claim to have?. You will also hear a Christian say “I am broke, I have no hope, I have no money to survive, I need connections to get a job” forgetting that in Psalms 24:1 and 1 Corinthians 10:26 “the earth is the Lords and everything therein” so why would you need connections to get a job?, why would you ever be broke?, why would you be hopeless?. Speak health, speak riches, speak prosperity. SPEAK!!!!!…your tongue is not on rent or credit.
5. Christians have a way of comparing themselves to others, when a friend gets married they will be like “God, I go to church 3 times a week, I am even in the choir, I fast, I pray, I speak in tongues and I am almost 30 and not married while this girl that wear skimpy clothes is already married, God why me?”. We forget that everyone has his/her destiny, God knows best, never question God. Have it in mind that God is not a wicked father, He will give you what is rightfully yours at the right time.